Ninja Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Essay for A Nursing Scholarship

3 posters

Go down

Essay for A Nursing Scholarship Empty Essay for A Nursing Scholarship

Post by Kenshi Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:41 pm

My dad fell today. And be honest I almost cried. My dad is 55 years old, suffers from diabetes and works at the City Of Orlando in Irrigation. My dad works hard every day to keep food on my table and clothes on my back. When my dad doesn’t have a ride home he walks home just to see his family’s smiling faces every day. Today I had to walk with him, and while walking he tripped and fell on the sidewalk. Watching him fall gave me the most horrible feeling in the world, and as he got up he wiped his bloody nose and kept walking. His determination to make it home every day is my inspiration to become a nurse.

A few months before April, my dad cut his toe, causing him to bleed everywhere. That morning at 4:30 he had me wrap it up as he continued on to work anyways, returning home with a blood filled shoe, and a horrible toe. I took it upon myself to care for him and heal it back to good health. A month later, his toe was healed, and he was fine again, care and compassion were my antibiotics and gauze. With care and compassion alone I was able to nurse him back to health. And don’t think I wrote this essay to rally your tears or your pocket book, and don’t think that this essay is a sad face turned into words. Just hear my story.

My greatest goal in life is to help as many people as possible. Seeing those around me, my father especially, seeing him hurting everyday gives me the aspiration to become a healer. Someone who helps ease the pain. I want to become a nurse to care for those that cannot care for themselves, and mainly to care for those in pain. When others are in pain my main goal is to alleviate their suffering. Compassion is an emotion provoked by the pain of others, and the feeling of compassion within me is strong. My compassion and care for others becomes my drive to see them smile. When you care for someone as a nurse you become someone concerned and interested about their health. Not only does care alone make the experience better, it adds a sense of hope to the patient. Hope that they will get better, no matter how fatal or life threatening a bodily problem is. Caring for a patient gives the person hope that they will survive, and that your compassion for them will heal them.
The purpose of a hospital is to heal the sick and injured. What kinds of hospitals do not care about their patients? What kinds of nurses do not care for their patients? Individual compassion and care from a nurse is more than just a smile, it is the very essence of human hope. The fact that another person is willing to work hours on end to see one person stand to their feet and walk away from a hospital bed is my true desire. To see the sick and injured rise up with joy in their smiles and life in their heart makes nursing my life goal. It’s my job to be there for my father and for anyone that is in pain. I hold open arms to the sick and injured with care and compassion as hope and love for a brighter tomorrow.

Thank you

Kenshi
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Izoto593

Back to top Go down

Essay for A Nursing Scholarship Empty Re: Essay for A Nursing Scholarship

Post by Bachi Hyuokin Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:56 pm

wow that was very well said. I have to say it was pretty moving actually.
Bachi Hyuokin
Bachi Hyuokin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:57 pm

Thanks man

Kenshi
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Izoto593

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:10 pm