Ninja Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED HELP

+4
Mirage
tradebuzzing2
Keano
Kyo
8 posters

Go down

NEED HELP Empty NEED HELP

Post by Kyo Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Ok, so I need some help coming up with the colors for Kyo. I plan on submitting his pic in a contest but need some help coming up with some good colors. Right now, everything but his skin looks black which is not bad, but I have noticed that characters with a bit more color are always chosen for first place. When I submit the image I will have something on it giving NN credit for choosing the colors. Basicaly, anything can be colored something different. I have the original and can change the black clothes to white if I need, by just erasing the pencil shading.

Anything you see one there can be colored anything. I know it is hard to picture him in something white or bright colored because he is in all dark clothes right now, but anything bright colored is also welcome and can be done. Feel free to change it up like make the top one color, a sleeve another color and the other sleeve a different color that those. You could also tell me to have one pant leg one color and the other another color. You can also be very specific and say to make the neclace string gold or the patch where his crotch is green or something. Even the tattoo on his face can be colored.

Feel free to be very plain also, like just saying " i would color his hair pink, shirt green and pants blue". Remember, there are different shades of every color so you could say light or dark blue. And even the straps can all be one color, or different colors. I am trying to make him look good that way he will be noticed. And NN will be getting some credit and I am sure that people would check NN out to see what I realy is.

here is his pic.

NEED HELP 2-11-200960058PM-2
Kyo
Kyo

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP Empty Re: NEED HELP

Post by Keano Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:00 pm

To tell you the truth he looks good as he is. But if you want me to give you some color advice, then I think his hair should be a unique color no one has thought of putting as their hair, like orange or something. LOL. And I think that his clothes should correspond to his hair as well.
Keano
Keano

http://myspace.com/keanobabb

Back to top Go down

Post by tradebuzzing2 Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:03 pm

I disagree, Keano...Orange hair is big in a lot of animes...like Bleach. And I would think a lot of people who enter this contest have atleast seen bleach. That wouldn't be good, now would it?

I will go home and look at the picture there. I'll give you some ideas later.

tradebuzzing2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:38 pm

I am not gonna log off and have Kyo log back in just so he can say this so he is saying it through me.

Kyo: Thanks Keano for the idea about orange hair. And yes I do think that his clothes should look good with the hair. But I am looking more for, WHAT COLORS i should make them. Like if his heair is orange, what color should his shirt be and so on. And Drac, thanks for reading, I look forward from hearing what you think when you get home.
Mirage
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Well one good way to determine color is by his personality. He looks like a "rogue" someone that lives life on the edge, and lives on his own.

So the tattoo should be an offest color, but something that somewhat matches. Maybe a purple, or a dark blue. The hair should always match with his outfit. It doesn't have the same color but it should match. Maybe pattern him after yourself. If this was you what would you wear? You wouldn't wear all black would you?

Look in some manga. Get some ideas, watch some more anime.
It'll come to you.

Kenshi
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Izoto593

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Yoshi kind of said everything I would say... Just try to match him up with his personality...

I don't know why, but I keep on thinking about seeing him in different shades of red and black, the red mostly being seams and his chains... along with his tattoo being blue... (or the reverse of this, black and blue clothing, with a red scar).

I think it would look interesting with some red mixed in, simply because it reminds me of blood and what not... but I find blue to be an interesting color to play around with because you can mix it with a few other colors to get interesting affects (even if it is just colored pencils).

I like the drawing though, but I do think you could use more colors, I'm just not good at explaining what colors to use... If I had the actual drawing and could color it in, then yeah, I might get something interesting, but for now it's hard to explain. I really wish I could explain it better... but I can't, if I think of something else, I'll tell.

(And I'm working on the Chunin Exam questions, don't worry. I have most of them answered now, I'm just typing it up on the computer first before I post it up so I can fix grammar errors and what not. They'll be up today, or at the latest tomorrow. I promise.)
Aki
Aki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaji-Kanto Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:05 pm

I say this:

Hair try a blondish color with silver specks at the tips or silver highlights.

The tattoo a purpleish color.

The top a red color and the ribbons a somewhat black.

The sashes around his stomach would be a redish color.

The belt should be a gold and the pants to be a red or a violet-red color to go with the whole look.

Just my opinion lol ^^
Kaji-Kanto
Kaji-Kanto

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:44 pm

I agree with Kaji. It would look wonderful..... WONDERFUL!
Rain
Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:35 pm

I tried to color it, Kyo does not know so he will see when he gets on. lol i gave him pink eyes. I am sure that it would look better if Kyo did it. Oh, and i have not seen any guys with turquois hair lol.

NEED HELP 2-11-200960058PM-2-3-1
Mirage
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:55 pm

I just found this online so i thought it would help. Try to use this when describing what colors. Hey Kaji, anychance you wanna repost using this?

http://html-color-codes.com/
Mirage
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaji-Kanto Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:17 am

Hair: FFFF66 with CCCCCC for the silver highlights.

Tattoo: 990099

Top clothes: CC0000

Ribbons: 333333

Sashes: FF0000

Belt: CC9900

Pants: 660000
Kaji-Kanto
Kaji-Kanto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content